Monday, May 2, 2011

Love is Everything.....Devotional ~ May 4th,2011



Scripture

1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And if I have [the gift of] prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And if I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing ~I Corinthians 13 - American Standard Version 1901

Something to Think about

I have always believed that this earth is the training ground for heaven. Thus, without question it is God who is our teacher. Michael tried so hard to tell us that. He always said that all of his gifts came from God. He was right.However, God is Love. Michael wanted to walk in the steps of Jesus, who walked this earth with a love that was healing....and just. He did it. Michael sought to heal the world, and somehow I think he succeeded. Scripture says "Though I speak with the tongue of men and angels..." Michael sang with the tongue of an angel, and spoke in sounds of adoration, we heard him. His beautiful angelic quality and message oozed with Love. He shared an honest and true love with us. Michael could see Jesus. He could walk like Jesus. Sadly, that is not true for everyone. We may not be able to see Jesus, but we see Michael. We would be hugely blessed to follow in Michael's steps. However....do not forget that Michael wanted to walk like Jesus. Michael sat and meditated on what God wanted him to do. I am not telling you to worship Michael!! I am telling you to consider his spiritual ways. We know that his steps were ordered by God. Only ones love for God would inspire them to be like Jesus. Whatever we do, however we walk, no matter the pathway we choose...let us be covered in Love. God is Love, and Love is everything.

A Prayer for Today

Most Glorious God, our Father,
There is none like you. We adore you, we glorify you. we magnify you, and we bless your hallowed name. We thank you Father for all you have done for us and will do for us in this day. Dear Lord, we pray that you bless the children. Strengthen them and direct their paths. And Father...bless those who are ill and homeless. Bless the sinners and saints, the rich and the poor, the young and the old... we are all your children. Help us to walk in Love today. We thank you Father for the lives with which you will entrust us today. Let us be a reflection of your Love.
In The Matchless Name of Jesus,
Amen

No comments: